Although some of its members would like to be a bit more proactive, the Union is essentially reactive. If a monster doesn’t come onto a member’s turf, or it doesn’t appear to hurt anyone, it’s not worth the trouble. It’s a bit of a narrow view, but when you’re most likely balancing being a monster hunter with a day job and a family, it makes a lot of sense. Sometimes Union members take their vigilantism a bit further, dealing with human threats ranging from slashers and cult members right down to muggers and drug dealers. What matters most to the Union is if they pose a threat.
The following members of the Contingent are part of the Union compact
- Trent Remington
- Guillermo “Guy” Cortas
- Emperor Norton I
- Chris McMillian
- Bert Warner
- Eva Jimenez
- Granger Simms
- Wayne Hodges
- Melissa Honeywell
Completing any of the following three goals will gain a character one Compact Beat for the session.
- Prevent the local community from coming to harm, either from supernaturals or hunters
- Put yourself at risk to protect another
- Must not violate their or the Union’s moral code during the session
Status in the Union provides the following benefits:
- Status 1: Choose either the Fixer Merit as your character becomes more connected to the Union’s network, or the Small Unit Tactics Merit to naturally inspire a sense of group cohesion when situations are at their most tense and dangerous.
- Status 3: When around the blue collar masses, your character can pull favors for sanctuary or immediate needs. This functions as a dot of Allies, Contacts, Resources, or Retainer that adapts to immediate circumstances. However, reputation is a fickle thing. This benefit disappears if you lose this level of Status.
- Status 5: You gain the Mentor merit at the 5-dot rank, selecting one of the mentors listed below: